Our fruit box currently has some of the best fresh ripe English strawberries on record!
There might not be any Wimbledon Championships this June but it doesn't mean rain has stopped play. Prep this ice cream the night before and book your court for the day ahead.
After you've called game, set and match come back and watch the Best Of on BBC and enjoy this refreshing ice with lashing of cream.
NO CHURN STRAWBERRY ICE CREAM
Prep time 15-20 mins
Freezing time: 12 hours
Makes aprox 6 portions
- 225 grams fresh strawberries
- 20 grams icing sugar
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- 140 ml single cream
- 140 ml double cream
- 6-8 strawberries
- Hull & wash the strawberries, drain thoroughly & cut into small pieces.
- Either with a hand blender or food processor puree the strawberries with the lemon juice & icing sugar.
- Whisk the two creams until thick but not stiff, add to the strawberry mix & blend well.
- Spoon the mixture into a suitable plastic container, cover with a lid & leave in the freezer for 12 hours.
- Before serving remove from the freezer 1 to 2 hours before hand & place in the fridge.
- Scoop into bowls & decorate with slices of fresh strawberries.